You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

decimal separator euro

Hi all

I want to change the decimal & grouping separators for the Euro currency but System Preferences won't allow me. I can change it any way I'd like for US Dollar or any other currency, but the change will simply be refused for Euro currency. I've attached a screenshot. Is this a bug?

Within Numbers, which is the app I'd like the changes to be reflected in, nothing changes either.

(related question: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251002163)

-- Matt

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 3:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 3:51 AM

Hi Matt,

You can change the Language & Region of a single Numbers document without changing your System Preferences.

For example, French:

Tested in Numbers 10.2 under macOS Catalina 10.15.4

From memory, the Language & Region feature for individual Numbers documents was introduced in earlier versions of Numbers.

Please reply with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2020 3:51 AM in response to neut1988

Hi Matt,

You can change the Language & Region of a single Numbers document without changing your System Preferences.

For example, French:

Tested in Numbers 10.2 under macOS Catalina 10.15.4

From memory, the Language & Region feature for individual Numbers documents was introduced in earlier versions of Numbers.

Please reply with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

Oct 3, 2020 9:38 AM in response to neut1988

Does the problem go away if you set your region to United States on the non-advanced settings? I cannot duplicate the problem and I wonder if the region makes a difference. Not that this will solve your problem but at least it narrows down what the bug is so it can be reported and duplicated. From the "CEST" I see in your settings I am guessing somewhere in Europe. There is not a draconian law that requires you to format currency a certain way, right?

decimal separator euro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.