You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV for guest users

How would you go about setting up apple tv for guests. I have an Airbnb and want to set up apple tv for my guests to use. Is there any danger in me setting up a separate apple id and using that exclusively for that purpose? Do I risk someone getting my info even if I add some privacy settings? What would be the safest way to go about doing this? Thanks you for your input!

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 8:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 7:43 AM

Hey boris50,

In the Apple TV Settings you can see the Users and Accounts and if you click on the account it will show the Apple ID used. Changes in this window to manage subscriptions or change settings to never require a password for purchases will ask you to sign in with your Apple ID. You can also add two-factor authentication for the Apple ID so your Apple ID is even more secure.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2020 7:43 AM in response to boris50

Hey boris50,

In the Apple TV Settings you can see the Users and Accounts and if you click on the account it will show the Apple ID used. Changes in this window to manage subscriptions or change settings to never require a password for purchases will ask you to sign in with your Apple ID. You can also add two-factor authentication for the Apple ID so your Apple ID is even more secure.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Cheers.

Oct 9, 2020 7:17 AM in response to boris50

Greetings boris50,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you want to allow other people to use your Apple TV. One thing you can do is add Restrictions to restrict access to certain features.

"Here are examples of what you can restrict and the options for each:

• Purchases, rentals, or in-app purchases from the iTunes Store: Select Allow, Restrict, or Block.
  • Music and Podcasts: To filter out Explicit content, select Clean. To filter nothing, select Explicit.
  • Movies, TV Shows, and Apps: Select your locale and filter, or block content based on film or age ratings.
  • Siri Explicit Language: To filter mature language, select Hide. To filter nothing, select Show.
  • Multiplayer Games and Screen Recording: Select Yes or No.
  • AirPlay Settings, Conference Room Display, Location Services, Background App Refresh, TV Provider, and Remote App Pairing: Select Allow or Restrict.

You can also customize your iTunes Store and App Store password preferences."

Use Restrictions on your Apple TV

How to create a new Apple ID

Security and your Apple ID

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Apple TV for guest users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.