You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just updated my mac to catalina but cant access my word and excel anymore..help

How to Microsoft word and excel

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 3:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 3:11 PM

Catalina does not support the older 32-bit MS Office suites (e.g. 2008/2011), and only supports the current 64-bit suites in the form of Microsoft 365 (subscription), or Office 2019 for Mac (single-purchase). You MS documents are neither 32, or 64-bit, and will open just fine in the newer 64-bit MS product suites.

The Microsoft applications that are found in the Mac App Store are Microsoft 365 clients and impose a subscription. You can get Office 2019 for Mac from Microsoft, or sign-up for Microsoft 365 at the Microsoft site.

There is also the free, 64-bit LibreOffice Suite which is document compatible with MS Office applications.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2020 3:11 PM in response to Daisythedog2005

Catalina does not support the older 32-bit MS Office suites (e.g. 2008/2011), and only supports the current 64-bit suites in the form of Microsoft 365 (subscription), or Office 2019 for Mac (single-purchase). You MS documents are neither 32, or 64-bit, and will open just fine in the newer 64-bit MS product suites.

The Microsoft applications that are found in the Mac App Store are Microsoft 365 clients and impose a subscription. You can get Office 2019 for Mac from Microsoft, or sign-up for Microsoft 365 at the Microsoft site.

There is also the free, 64-bit LibreOffice Suite which is document compatible with MS Office applications.

I just updated my mac to catalina but cant access my word and excel anymore..help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.