You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make sure my downloads are going to my recents folder?

Up until my latest update, any images or docs I downloaded were going to my Recents folder. Now only items from my Office are showing up there. I'm using Safari as my browser. When I click on an image to download I use the "Save image to "Downloads"" option. In the past those items have also shown up in the Recents folder as well. Now I have to figure out what it's being exported as and search for it in my downloads instead of just opening my Recents folder and finding them there.

Help a gal out to be able to have downloads show up in my Recents folder again?!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 5:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 3:08 PM

Right. I understand that. I was replying to the person who told me to use it for my preferences.

Up until about a week ago, anything I was downloading online was showing up in my Recents. Now, only a couple of items are and they're only from Office or screenshots. Anything I download from the internet isn't in my Recents any more. It happened with the latest update on my computer and I don't know how to make these items show up in my Recents again.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2020 3:08 PM in response to Yer_Man

Right. I understand that. I was replying to the person who told me to use it for my preferences.

Up until about a week ago, anything I was downloading online was showing up in my Recents. Now, only a couple of items are and they're only from Office or screenshots. Anything I download from the internet isn't in my Recents any more. It happened with the latest update on my computer and I don't know how to make these items show up in my Recents again.

How do I make sure my downloads are going to my recents folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.