You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call log keeps getting deleted!!

Why is my call log getting deleted? My sister has a iPhone X. She has call logs up to a couple of years. My phone WILL NOT hold anything past 2-3 days!! How can I fix this?

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 11:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 1:33 PM

Hello trystin77,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

Based on what you mentioned, it sounds like you have concerns with your call log getting deleted. There is not a configuration in iOS that deletes calls automatically. However, it's possible that they are deleted if you removed them on a different device. This can happen when you have iCloud Drive turned on. With this on, call history is kept up to date across all devices.

Learn more here: View and delete the call history on your iPhone.

Best wishes!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2020 1:33 PM in response to trystin77

Hello trystin77,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

Based on what you mentioned, it sounds like you have concerns with your call log getting deleted. There is not a configuration in iOS that deletes calls automatically. However, it's possible that they are deleted if you removed them on a different device. This can happen when you have iCloud Drive turned on. With this on, call history is kept up to date across all devices.

Learn more here: View and delete the call history on your iPhone.

Best wishes!

Call log keeps getting deleted!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.