You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upload photos to ICloud

Hello! Pls help to upload multimedia files to iCloud. I’ve bought 200Gb space for iCloud but the button of “ICloud photos” shows this msg (att). it is said that “sync of photos by Finder is not available. 7800 photos will be deleted.”

I’m afraid to lose my 7.8K photos. What does it mean and why should I delete something just to load files to iCloud? Thanks for help in advance!

brgrds, Olga

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 12:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 11:17 AM

It means that you cannot sync to the iPhone and use iCloud Photos at the same time, it's one or the other. Firstly, make sure the photos are indeed on the Mac, and if so, then you can enable iCloud Photos on your Mac and they will upload. After, you can turn on iCloud Photos on your Phone, deleting the Finder-synced photos, and all your photos will then be available on all devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2020 11:17 AM in response to OlgaRos

It means that you cannot sync to the iPhone and use iCloud Photos at the same time, it's one or the other. Firstly, make sure the photos are indeed on the Mac, and if so, then you can enable iCloud Photos on your Mac and they will upload. After, you can turn on iCloud Photos on your Phone, deleting the Finder-synced photos, and all your photos will then be available on all devices.

Upload photos to ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.