You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow application startup on new MacBook Pro

I recently got the 2020 13" MacBook Pro with 16gb ram a few months ago, and it was running smoothly. But currently opening apps like photoshop, Microsoft teams and google chrome takes a very long time. Sometimes I have to force quit and open the apps again :( I still have a lot of ram left and my cpu usage is low. I tried the SMC and PRAM reset but its still quite slow whenever I want to open apps.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 10:39 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 5, 2020 8:05 PM in response to devline

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. Then, restart your Mac normally. Determine if that fixes it.

Needless to say, if you are using, or have used at any time in the past, any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

Slow application startup on new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.