You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View photos in mac

New to the workings of mac and wondering how I can chance the order which I see my photos, they always start with the latest first so I have to scroll to the end to see most recent

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 2:22 AM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2020 3:22 AM in response to xxgigsxx

You may want to create your own albums. The views created by Photos for you are all having a fixed sort order. On macOS 10.13 The Moments are sorted ascending by the capture date, the "All Photos" album is sorted by the date added. You can set up the scrollbar of the browser, so you can jump with one click into the scrollbar to the bottom of the window with the newest photos.

You can create your own "My All Photos" as a smart album:

• File > New Smart album
  • Set the rule to "date is before 1.1.4000"

This smart album should be showing all your photos.

Then select the album in the sidebar, ctrl-click or right click it, and use the sort option in this menu.

View photos in mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.