You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Mail not updating after iOS 14 update, even though fetch new data is set to push

Any ideas as to why my Mail inbox only updates my gmail account when I open it? Here are my settings. This only started after the update.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:58 AM

Hello bradley_dj and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with a Gmail account after the most recent iOS update.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Try this:

1) Change the setting for that account to Manual.

2) Reboot the iPhone

3) Change the setting back to Fetch and test.

4) If the issue persists, try changing from Automatic to a times option and test again.

5) If the previous steps do not resolve the issue, Try removing the account and then re-adding it. (Gmail accounts are all IMAP which means the mail continues to live on the server so you can do this without fear of data loss. If this happens with some other account, you'll want to ensure it is IMAP before taking this step.)

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2020 8:58 AM in response to bradley_dj

Hello bradley_dj and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with a Gmail account after the most recent iOS update.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Try this:

1) Change the setting for that account to Manual.

2) Reboot the iPhone

3) Change the setting back to Fetch and test.

4) If the issue persists, try changing from Automatic to a times option and test again.

5) If the previous steps do not resolve the issue, Try removing the account and then re-adding it. (Gmail accounts are all IMAP which means the mail continues to live on the server so you can do this without fear of data loss. If this happens with some other account, you'll want to ensure it is IMAP before taking this step.)

Cheers.

iPhone Mail not updating after iOS 14 update, even though fetch new data is set to push

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.