You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete cookies?

I have tried to delete cookies in Safari 14.0, but it's not possible. I have even tried to reinstall MacOS, but all cookies are still present. In earlier versions I have managed to delete all cookies. How do I succeed in the current version of Safari?

Regards,

Petra

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 3:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 5:26 PM

AppleMenu>Safari>Preferences choose the "Privacy" tab. click on "Manage Website Data"

to remove all cookies, click on "Remove All" OR, to remove cookies for only one website, highlight the site and click "Remove"

2 replies

Oct 9, 2020 1:11 PM in response to jeffreythefrog

Instead of deleting all the cookies at once , I have been selectively deleting cookies for years by using the "remove" button instead of "remove all". Now, just recently I've noticed that ome cookies will delete but somes keep coming back no matter how many times you click "remove". In the past when that would occur I would go to Finder>Go>Go to Folder>Library/Safari/Databases>then Highlight Databases in the list and move it to the trash. This doesn't even work anymore, the databases come back, sometimes in seconds as though the cookies are just repopulating themselves.

What's going on??

Delete cookies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.