You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to free up space on my iPhone after I’ve deleted all photos

i e deleted some 2,000 photos and videos but still can’t free up space so my iPhone 8 works. I also removed permanently all deleted photos. Still nothing. Turned iCloud photos off. What’s the trick? This happened a month or two ago. I can’t rennet all I did but I added iCloud storage and now I’m back in the same place. Help!

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 5:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 5:57 PM

Your deleted data may have been stuck in the "Other" Category and is probably still on your iPhone.

You can update your iPhone to iOS 14 if at all possible and that will clear the deleted data. If you cannot update to iOS 14 or do not want to then you can-

Please follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ How to Clear OTHER Category on your iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2020 5:57 PM in response to cboisseau

Your deleted data may have been stuck in the "Other" Category and is probably still on your iPhone.

You can update your iPhone to iOS 14 if at all possible and that will clear the deleted data. If you cannot update to iOS 14 or do not want to then you can-

Please follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ How to Clear OTHER Category on your iPhone.

Axel F.

How to free up space on my iPhone after I’ve deleted all photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.