You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID incorrect

Good morning I’m trying to update my WhatsApp but when I enter my Apple ID it says incorrect. Please assist if you can.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 11:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 11:39 PM

Maybe you were using a different Apple ID previously and WhatsApp was installed under that ID.

If that is the case, then you need to login with that ID to be able to update WhatsApp.

OR

you could delete and re-install WhatsApp by using your current ID.

(See your Purchase History under your current ID to verify whether or not, WhatsApp has been installed under it!) See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2020 11:39 PM in response to silindokuhle194

Maybe you were using a different Apple ID previously and WhatsApp was installed under that ID.

If that is the case, then you need to login with that ID to be able to update WhatsApp.

OR

you could delete and re-install WhatsApp by using your current ID.

(See your Purchase History under your current ID to verify whether or not, WhatsApp has been installed under it!) See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more - Apple Support

Apple ID incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.