You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers 10.2 Conditional Formatting not working

Something changed. Now when I set up a new rule I can't type a cell reference or just click the cell. To get a cell reference I first had to click a little icon on the right to "Type a value for this rule" then "f33" works.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 7:14 AM

I didn't even notice that button for text entry - Thanks. I don't remember having to click that from previous conditional formatting - thought I could just type in the field or click on the cell I wanted to reference so I thought it wasn't working.

4 replies

Oct 7, 2020 9:21 AM in response to hank3737

Welcome, hank3737, to Apple Support Communities!

So, with Numbers 10.2 on a Mac (iMac?) you seem to be having some trouble with setting a Cell or Cells for Conditional Formatting.

We should be able to help you, here!

I haven’t noticed any change in this behavior with any of the latest versions of Numbers.

So, when you add a new comparison-type Rule, do you not see the little, pale-blue button on the right, within the text entry field?

What you describe as «I first had to click a little icon on the right to "Type a value for this rule"» sure seems to describe what I still see.

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing, when you select a new comparison-type Rule?

Numbers 10.2 Conditional Formatting not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.