You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Mojave

Where can I find Mac OS Mojave to download? App store only has OS Catalina

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 2:05 PM

The specs in the OP's signature indicate 10.13 (High Sierra) - so assuming that the complete Mojave installer downloads for him/her, it should be a straight update to Mojave. No bootable installer necessary.

However, in all cases - having a backup made prior to updating an OS is always helpful...

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2020 2:05 PM in response to TheLittles

The specs in the OP's signature indicate 10.13 (High Sierra) - so assuming that the complete Mojave installer downloads for him/her, it should be a straight update to Mojave. No bootable installer necessary.

However, in all cases - having a backup made prior to updating an OS is always helpful...

Oct 7, 2020 1:48 PM in response to March76

March76 Said:

"OS Mojave: Where can I find Mac OS Mojave to download? App store only has OS Catalina"

-------

Downgrading is Not an Option:

So, Try Using a USB Bootable Installer:

You would backup your Mac, install it anew, and then transfer everything this over from the backup.

Perform the Following.

I. Back Up your Mac First:

Create a Time Machine Backup, that way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the install. Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity as that of your internal hard drive. Once the new install is complete, you'd migrate it over. (See step 3)

II. Perform an Install:

Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support

III. Transfer Info From the Backup:

Use Migration Assistant to transfer everything from the backup you just made. Go here: How to Move your Content to a New Mac - Apple Support

OS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.