You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use pictures in Photos app as screensaver...

Hi all.

First of all, I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 on my Macbook Pro. Up until about one week ago everything was fine, I was able to have my specific photo album be used as my screen saver. Flash forward to now, it's showing I have no pictures in my Photos folder. When I go to System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > the Screen Saver tab > choose my desired layout > Source > Photo Library > and scroll to my desired photo album > shows there is nothing there....which is impossible because I have Photos open and I clearly see all my pictures and albums are there.

What the heck is going on? How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 4:20 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2020 11:08 AM in response to unconsciousnostalgia

This is also happening for my desktop image as well. For some reason, when I go into my photos app I can double click on any image and then use the share icon and choose to set it as my desktop background and it will let me do it that way. But then when I go to do a screen saver again through system preferences now when I choose the album I'm trying to select (in this case, "Hawaii") it's now only showing the photos I have manually made as my desktop picture.

I'm getting so frustrated with this, if I bring my laptop in to an apple store, will they be able to help there?

Unable to use pictures in Photos app as screensaver...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.