You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent Garbled Audio - Apple TV 4K & Denon X3600H

I have an Apple TV 4K connected directly to my LG OLED C9 TV. The TV is connected to my Denon AVR-X3600H Amp via HDMI e-ARC.

It all works fine, with no issues in playing stereo or Dolby Atmos audio. However all other surround audio comes up as ‘Multi In’ on the amp (I understand this is expected for AppleTV). Normally this is fine too but I have an intermittent issue where the audio produced is totally garbled. This issue only occurs when first playing ‘Multi In’ content and can normally be fixed by exiting the content and re-playing.

It’s frustrating though. I've tried changing cables and have the latest firmware on everything.

Any ideas?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 4:28 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 13, 2020 7:49 AM in response to phuded

Hi phuded,

We understand that you're experiencing some problems playing audio from your Apple TV to your amplifier, and we'll do our best to help you get it sorted out. To get started, let's use the details in the resource below to ensure everything is connected correctly. We'd just like to double-check, as Apple TV normally doesn't support pass-through audio from the TV to the amplifier.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV

Once connected, are you able to open the Settings app on the Apple TV and change the audio output to Dolby Atmos? Please let us know, and we'll work from there.

Thanks!

Intermittent Garbled Audio - Apple TV 4K & Denon X3600H

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.