You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

-2004f Internet Recovery

Hi Everyone! I have Macbook Pro 2020 Catalina. I decided to delete everything from my mac and set it to factory default in order to be able to sell it. So, I deleted everything from hard disk utilities and went I wanted to re install it was keep freezing, so I turned my computer off. When I turned it on the question mark with folder came up. I watched on Youtube and tried everything “cmd+R”, “opt,cmd,R” “shift,opt,cmd,R” and the globe sign showed up. After a few minutes apple error -2004f shows up. Anyone has any idea how to fix it?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 4:29 PM

The error indicates some type of network issue. Try a PRAM reset.

If you still have problems, then connect the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet cable and a USB-C to Ethernet Adapter. This will provide a faster more reliable network connection and bypass any possible WiFi issues. If you still have problems, then reboot the modem & router or try to use Internet Recovery Mode at another location.

You can also try using a bootable macOS USB installer, but you will need to modify the security settings to allow booting from a USB device.

Edit: Here is an Apple article on everything you should do before selling an Apple computer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2020 4:29 PM in response to mammadoff

The error indicates some type of network issue. Try a PRAM reset.

If you still have problems, then connect the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet cable and a USB-C to Ethernet Adapter. This will provide a faster more reliable network connection and bypass any possible WiFi issues. If you still have problems, then reboot the modem & router or try to use Internet Recovery Mode at another location.

You can also try using a bootable macOS USB installer, but you will need to modify the security settings to allow booting from a USB device.

Edit: Here is an Apple article on everything you should do before selling an Apple computer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

-2004f Internet Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.