You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable my ICloud Music Library when I already did it both on my Windows PC and my IPhone SE?

I keep trying to put my music that I already had backed up on my PC on my IPhone SE, and just so you know, no I didn't download it illegally, I had it backed up to my computer just in case ITunes crashed and I lost everything, but anyways, It says that I can't transfer my music on there because I have ICloud Music Library enabled on my IPhone. What do I do?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 12:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 1:05 PM

On your iPhone, go to Settings->Music and turn off "Sync Library". As counterintuitive is it seems that is the switch that controls iCloud Music Library.

However, if you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match and by extension have access to iCloud Music Library, music on your computer should be automatically synced to iCloud and your other devices like your iPhone through the iCloud Music Library, so no reason to want to sync directly.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2020 1:05 PM in response to CJNeedsHelp23

On your iPhone, go to Settings->Music and turn off "Sync Library". As counterintuitive is it seems that is the switch that controls iCloud Music Library.

However, if you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match and by extension have access to iCloud Music Library, music on your computer should be automatically synced to iCloud and your other devices like your iPhone through the iCloud Music Library, so no reason to want to sync directly.

How do I disable my ICloud Music Library when I already did it both on my Windows PC and my IPhone SE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.