You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPod with this iTunes Library will replace media from another iTunes Library on this Mac

Hello. I had an issue with one of my IPod's where I must have disconnected too soon or something so that it is no longer recognized by my iTunes Library. I was about to re-sync all of the playlists that are currently on it but when I got the above message I became concerned that it might remove songs from my Mac. In the past I have seen media disappear from my Mac so I must ask, Is this even possible? In addition, does this message have something to do with iTunes syncing from multiple libraries?

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 11:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 12:25 PM

In addition, does this message have something to do with iTunes syncing from multiple libraries?

Yes. You cannot sync from multiple libraries. if you sync from a new library, it will use the new library to overwrite contents it got from the previous library, which is probably what your message was saying.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2020 12:25 PM in response to Sal64

In addition, does this message have something to do with iTunes syncing from multiple libraries?

Yes. You cannot sync from multiple libraries. if you sync from a new library, it will use the new library to overwrite contents it got from the previous library, which is probably what your message was saying.

Syncing iPod with this iTunes Library will replace media from another iTunes Library on this Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.