You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible phishing

Hi

I got an email that I tried to unsubscribe from but it came back that I couldn’t unsubscribe from it as it was a legal email and to click, I didn’t and instead typed the website address Pinterest.co.uk it came up with a message that my phone was 26% damaged with viruses and I should click on the link it had, I didn’t but just wondering is there anyway of check everything is ok, I do have Bitdefender installed with web protection so hoping I’m ok but just want check?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 10:48 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 13, 2020 11:21 PM in response to Tumbleweed_NTAM

Tumbleweed_NTAM Said:

"Possible Phishing: I got an email that I tried to unsubscribe from but it came back that I couldn’t unsubscribe from it as it was a legal email and to click, I didn’t and instead typed the website address Pinterest.co.uk it came up with a message that my phone was 26% damaged with viruses and I should click on the link it had, I didn’t but just wondering is there anyway of check everything is ok, I do have Bitdefender installed with web protection so hoping I’m ok but just want check?"

-------

How did you Interact with the eMail?

Having not clicked any link, did you click anything else?

A. If not, then you are fine and have nothing to worry about.

B. If so, then Security & Privacy would be of High-Concern here. So, consider modifying your credentials, immediately. Reforming the following is best at this point.

Consider...

Oct 13, 2020 11:29 PM in response to Tumbleweed_NTAM

Tumbleweed_NTAM Said:

"Possible Phishing: I got an email that I tried to unsubscribe from but it came back that I couldn’t unsubscribe from it as it was a legal email and to click"

-------

I. Report the eMail:

Yes. This eMail you speak of seems no more than a phishing scam scam. So, report this to Apple and the Government (if an option):

A. To Apple: Forward the message to: reportphishing@apple.com

B. To the U.S.A. Government: (In the US. Only): Report Phishing Scams' Info at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

Then...

II. Remove the Message: from your Trash and your Archive folders.

Oct 13, 2020 11:46 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for your reply apart from the original unsubscribe button which can back asking me to click on something else I didn’t. It did have my email address in, kicking myself now should just block it shouldn’t I, the pop up that came on the website I just closed.

thanks for the support it’s always good to know we can come on here for help. I do have the 2 authentication set up so probably doing everything I can apart from me doing something daft

Oct 14, 2020 12:35 AM in response to Tumbleweed_NTAM

Tumbleweed_NTAM Said:

"Possible Phishing: [...]should just block it shouldn’t I, the pop up that came on the website I just closed. thanks for the support it’s always good to know we can come on here for help.[...]

———-

You are welcome.

Modify what need be — using a new eMail Address for Apple and a new never-before-used password would be wise from here. Proud to have helped.

Possible phishing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.