You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have done everything but my left airpod isn’t working

I have done everything by resting and checking my audio accessibility but my left airpod is still not working

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 1:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 5:25 PM

Hey!

I had a similar problem to this when I had my first airpods. I went to the apple store and they couldn't solve it either.

After fiddling with them, I found out that only one of my airpods was actually paired to my phone. (If your left airpod isn't showing when you're checking the battery through your phone, this might help). I'm unsure of how they unsynced in the first place, and even got a replacement bud from the apple store before figuring this out.

I removed the airpods from my device

I removed one airpod from the case, pressed the back button until it was white.

I placed the airpod back in, pressed the button once more until it was white.

I then paired them back onto my phone and tested them, and it worked.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2020 5:25 PM in response to patience261

Hey!

I had a similar problem to this when I had my first airpods. I went to the apple store and they couldn't solve it either.

After fiddling with them, I found out that only one of my airpods was actually paired to my phone. (If your left airpod isn't showing when you're checking the battery through your phone, this might help). I'm unsure of how they unsynced in the first place, and even got a replacement bud from the apple store before figuring this out.

I removed the airpods from my device

I removed one airpod from the case, pressed the back button until it was white.

I placed the airpod back in, pressed the button once more until it was white.

I then paired them back onto my phone and tested them, and it worked.

I have done everything but my left airpod isn’t working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.