You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external monitor hookup: need help

I tried to do Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac, click Support, then click Specifications to find out what, if any, support my model macair supports for external monitors...got a double redirect error. Help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 6:06 PM

Apple has a bit of work to do in that regard.

To find out the correct link, please click that link, which I know will result in the "too many redirects" error. Copy the URL in Safari's URL field, and paste it in a reply to this Discussion.

Once you do that, you will see it ends with something like ?locale=en-us&viewlocale=en_US

That assumes you are in the USA. If you snip off that part of the URL, the Safari page will load correctly.

Or just describe the model Mac you are using. To find out, Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2020 6:06 PM in response to juliewrayh

Apple has a bit of work to do in that regard.

To find out the correct link, please click that link, which I know will result in the "too many redirects" error. Copy the URL in Safari's URL field, and paste it in a reply to this Discussion.

Once you do that, you will see it ends with something like ?locale=en-us&viewlocale=en_US

That assumes you are in the USA. If you snip off that part of the URL, the Safari page will load correctly.

Or just describe the model Mac you are using. To find out, Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support.

external monitor hookup: need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.