You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macOS Sierra 10.12.6 - need to update 10.13. Need the correct MacOS to download

I need to update my macOS Sierra to 10.13 but cannot find download on Apple. Can you assist me with a link to download 10.13?

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 3:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 4:56 PM

The download is in the App store but it's not easy to locate. Apple encourages customers to install the current MacOS but this isn't possible for some older hardware so they make old operating systems such as this available, but you have to find it.

You can use this link to launch the App store High Sierra 10.13.6 download page and get it from there. The link to the download is found in point 4 on that web page called "Download macOS High Sierra"

When the installation has completed return to the App store to see if any new software updates are needed.

Note that the URL above is for the USA Apple website but it should launch your own local App store link. It did for me (I'm not in the United States).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2020 4:56 PM in response to DeeS64

The download is in the App store but it's not easy to locate. Apple encourages customers to install the current MacOS but this isn't possible for some older hardware so they make old operating systems such as this available, but you have to find it.

You can use this link to launch the App store High Sierra 10.13.6 download page and get it from there. The link to the download is found in point 4 on that web page called "Download macOS High Sierra"

When the installation has completed return to the App store to see if any new software updates are needed.

Note that the URL above is for the USA Apple website but it should launch your own local App store link. It did for me (I'm not in the United States).

my macOS Sierra 10.12.6 - need to update 10.13. Need the correct MacOS to download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.