You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ECG not on new watch series 6

I have a new Apple Watch series 6. The ECG app is not showing up. Even after the most recent update, it is still not showing up. I really do not appreciate spending $700+ and not getting exactly what I paid for...

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 11:25 PM

4 replies

Oct 17, 2020 1:15 PM in response to Smokyboarder

Thanks for asking about the ECG feature.

Check here for availability in your region: ECG

ECG requires the current non-beta version of iOS and watchOS. For additional help with the ECG feature on your Apple Watch, take a look at these articles.

Heart rate notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Taking an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later - Apple Support

If you have any other questions, please reach out to our team here: https://apple.co/HeartFeatures. If you believe that you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial your local emergency services.

Take care.

Oct 17, 2020 2:54 PM in response to Smokyboarder

I found a solution posted by someone else on another forum and copied it down below. This requires unpairing the watch AND a reset all settings on the phone itself. I have not experienced this issue, but others have.

Got a fix from Apple tonight - I would call it a work around until Apple gets it into an update. Bottom line the issue is with the iPhone and in the settings.

Step 1: Unpair the watch

Step 2: Settings - General - Reset - "Reset All Settings" Going to have to re-setup somethings on the phone but its better than a full restore.

Step 3: Pair the watch - either as new or restore from backup. I restored from a backup.

Step 4: Open the Watch App on the iPhone.

Step 4a: Go to "Heart" in the list of Watch Apps

Step 4b: Select "Set up ECG App on Watch" 

a shortened version implies you don't need to unpair the watch first.

Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings (on your iPhone)

I restarted my iPhone and did a force restart on my Apple Watch, then went on to the Health App on my iPhone and I had the option to “Set Up” the ECG app again!

ECG not on new watch series 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.