You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting/ Replacing highlighted text issue

I took this from a similar issue I found here but I still having the same problem!

I'm using the MacBook Pro 13' 2015 and an iMac 2019 both Mojave downgraded from Catalina but this has happened since I can remember. I am also a semi new MacUser I was used to Windows way to select and delete Text.

With Windows I was used to:

(Case 1) when I highlight some words and type, the highlighted words would be replaced by the newly typed words, for example

Highlight "text" in "I will check the text" and type "paragraph" would give "I will check the paragraph"

(Case 2) and when I highlight some words and hit backspace, the highlight words would disappear, for example:

Highlight "eating " in "I am eating a donut" and hit backspace would give "I am a donut"

But now with MacOS I have this issue,

in (Case 1), the newly typed words appear all wrong like instead of "text" the first "t" goes at the end and I write "extt"

in (Case 2), the highlighted word cannot be deleted, then sometimes I have to hit "command" before or "fn" I just don't get what is the issue here...

This happens most of the time and sometimes it just works, and it's so annoying!

Does anyone know how to fix this? Did I mess up any settings?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 6:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 8:14 AM

Yeah I thought so, but it is not replacing the selected text right. Check my text and examples to see what the issue ist. In case it is not clear I can try to explain it better. Thanks for your time and help.

Similar questions

2 replies

Deleting/ Replacing highlighted text issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.