You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with flashlight button issue on new iPhone XS Max

Just got a new iPhone XS Max, with 3D and haptic touch enabled, sensitivity on medium

When i just put my finger on the flashlight button with just enough force to trigger the 3D touch to turn on the flashlight, it will turn on. However when i just leave my finger there without changing the force of the finger on the screen, the flashlight turns on and off very quickly...

I do not know what is the issue there and how to resolve this. Could anyone help?

There doesn't seem to be a problem with this on any other apps or other functions of the iOS.

Video: https://youtu.be/nc6Ee52QOl0

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 1:04 PM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2020 7:53 PM in response to dream_rig

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities dream_rig,

We see that your flashlight is flickering on your iPhone with 3D touch and haptic touch enabled. We'd be glad to take a look at this with you.

What happens if you just enabled the flashlight, and then take your finger off the screen? Does the flickering continue?

If you change the sensitivity settings, does the issue persist?

Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone

If you restart your iPhone, does the issue remain?

Restart your iPhone

Also, does this happen every time that you enabled the flashlight, or is it intermittent?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Need help with flashlight button issue on new iPhone XS Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.