You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Notes not currently in iCloud to iCloud

Under Notes, I currently have just a few in iCloud (just a test) and about 200 Notes under "AOL": Can I move all 200 to iCloud simultaneously? Is it correct to think that with Default Settings currently iCloud only the few test notes are currently backing up from the phone up to computer?

Is it safe to move 200 notes at the same time? Can I back up notes to the cloud AND in mail if I do not want mail backed up to the cloud? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 8:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 3:24 AM

Hi there,

I've had this issue before, when I went into the folder where the notes were located that I wanted to move, you should see the edit button, press it. Once you do, at the bottom there is a move all button, you can use that to move all of your notes from one folder to another of your choice.

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 17, 2020 3:24 AM in response to Adrift28

Hi there,

I've had this issue before, when I went into the folder where the notes were located that I wanted to move, you should see the edit button, press it. Once you do, at the bottom there is a move all button, you can use that to move all of your notes from one folder to another of your choice.

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

Oct 17, 2020 1:02 PM in response to Adrift28

Adrift28 wrote:

Under Notes, I currently have just a few in iCloud (just a test) and about 200 Notes under "AOL": Can I move all 200 to iCloud simultaneously? Is it correct to think that with Default Settings currently iCloud only the few test notes are currently backing up from the phone up to computer?
Is it safe to move 200 notes at the same time? Can I back up notes to the cloud AND in mail if I do not want mail backed up to the cloud? Thank you for any help you can offer.

These 200 notes, where are they? Solely on the device? What's "AOL"?

Oct 17, 2020 1:44 PM in response to zinacef

Hi-thanks for responding. AOL is America Online Mail (which I get linked through the Apple’s mail system)

hitting Notes, I get the folders screen which has 2 main headings “iCloud” and “AOL.” Under each is one a folder. (iCloud holds the few test notes) and the AOL folder the 200. Originally I did not chose to keep notes on the cloud.

Hope that clarifies.

Moving Notes not currently in iCloud to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.