You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to figure out why location services are not working on my new MacBook Air. I followed instructions but it still isn't working. What do you need to do?

Trying to figure out why location services are not working on my new MacBook Air. I followed instructions but it still isn't working. What do you need to do?

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 11:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
5 replies

Oct 17, 2020 4:46 PM in response to sberman

I have never had this issue with my other apple devices using the same wifi connection. For some reason, even with location services on, it still indicates that my location can not be determined. I'm in the Central Time Zone but my time is set to Pacific Time Zone. When I tried to set time to automatic, it also indicates location is not discoverable. Mapping worked for a few minutes earlier today but has since quit again. Thank you for your assistance!

Oct 17, 2020 7:58 PM in response to TRW77

TRW77 wrote:

I'm in the Central Time Zone but my time is set to Pacific Time Zone.

I believe Macs (and iPhones and iPads) sold in the U.S. are preset to the Pacific Time Zone at the factory.

Check:

About This Mac (from Apple logo on Menu Bar) > System Report > Locations (under Networks). Maybe you'll see a clue there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.