You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn the digital crown on Apple Watch?

Just started my watch. Haven't been able to pair the phone with it.... and was exploring and my watch got locked.

It says turn digital crown to unlock land eject water!!

There is no water in my watch.

How do I turn the digital crown?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Hermes

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 10:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 10:39 PM

The "Digital Crown" is the round knurled knob on the side of your Apple Watch. To turn it you would just rotate it either clockwise or counterclockwise. This is very similar in function to "old-school" watches, especially those that required to "wind them up" occasionally to keep them running.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2020 10:39 PM in response to PHPL

The "Digital Crown" is the round knurled knob on the side of your Apple Watch. To turn it you would just rotate it either clockwise or counterclockwise. This is very similar in function to "old-school" watches, especially those that required to "wind them up" occasionally to keep them running.

Oct 19, 2020 5:45 AM in response to PHPL

You have somehow managed to enable the Water Lock. No actual water is necessary to enable the Water Lock.

The Water Locks function is to disable the touch screen and side button presses so that swimmers do not accidentally "Butt Dial" some function while swimming due to water splashing on the Apple Watch.

The Apple Watch does not actually know if you have water in the speaker ports, it is just assuming that if you turned on the Water Lock, you intended to get the Apple Watch wet.

The Water Lock could have been activated if you had pulled up from the bottom the control panel and accidentally tapped the water droplet icon.

How do I turn the digital crown on Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.