You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Perspective control in photos for a Mac?

I really like the perspective controls in Photos for IOS and I’m disappointed that they don’t exist in Photos for Mac. Presently I have to export a photo to DxO, work on it and import it back. Is there an extension or some easier way to do this. I’ve considered editing the uploaded photo on my iPad just to get the IOS tools. I assume the edited photo would transfer to my Mac Photos library.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 11:35 AM

When I use the perspective tools on my iPhone or iPad they edited version will sync the Mac with iCloud Photos. But it does not bring up the perspective correction tools on my Mac. For the time being I am using the tools on my iPhone.

It looks like the Perspective correction tools will not even be added to Photos in Big Sur. At least, Apple does not announce this in the Preview of macOS 11 Big Sur: https://www.apple.com/macos/big-sur-preview/features/#photos

The next system version will bring the better video editing tools from the iPhone and iPad to the Mac, also we will be able to adjust the Filters and the Portrait Lighting effects, but noting is saidd about the Perspective tools.

I am using Luminar 4 for the perspective correction. The perspective correction in Luminar is very similar to the controls on my iPhone 11.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 19, 2020 11:35 AM in response to Mark Chambers1

When I use the perspective tools on my iPhone or iPad they edited version will sync the Mac with iCloud Photos. But it does not bring up the perspective correction tools on my Mac. For the time being I am using the tools on my iPhone.

It looks like the Perspective correction tools will not even be added to Photos in Big Sur. At least, Apple does not announce this in the Preview of macOS 11 Big Sur: https://www.apple.com/macos/big-sur-preview/features/#photos

The next system version will bring the better video editing tools from the iPhone and iPad to the Mac, also we will be able to adjust the Filters and the Portrait Lighting effects, but noting is saidd about the Perspective tools.

I am using Luminar 4 for the perspective correction. The perspective correction in Luminar is very similar to the controls on my iPhone 11.

Perspective control in photos for a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.