You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Sound Disrupted Through AirPods

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro and it is working well. The only problem is that when I play videos or music through AirPods, the sound is disrupted. It sort of disconnects for a second ( more or less ) and re-connects. Of course this doesn't happen always but at the times it does, it is very very annoying and I can't hear the entire sentence in a video or mp3 file. I have this problem using AirPods and AirPods Pro. I have an updated OS Catalina on my Mac. My iPhone and iPad Pro work fine with AirPods. Can anyone help me solve this problem ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 12:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 4:13 PM

Hi arianmd,

We see you're having an issue with your AirPods disconnecting intermittently on your Mac. Being able to maintain a connection to listen to audio is certainly important, and we'd like to help out.

As things are working well on the iOS devices, let's try a few things with your Mac itself. To start, 'forget' the AirPods from System Preferences > Bluetooth > Tap the 'x' to the right of your AirPods. Then, use the steps here to reset the AirPods:

Reset your AirPods

If that doesn't help, let's try a different Bluetooth accessory with your Mac, just to ensure there aren't issues with the Bluetooth connection itself.

Take care!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2020 4:13 PM in response to arianmd

Hi arianmd,

We see you're having an issue with your AirPods disconnecting intermittently on your Mac. Being able to maintain a connection to listen to audio is certainly important, and we'd like to help out.

As things are working well on the iOS devices, let's try a few things with your Mac itself. To start, 'forget' the AirPods from System Preferences > Bluetooth > Tap the 'x' to the right of your AirPods. Then, use the steps here to reset the AirPods:

Reset your AirPods

If that doesn't help, let's try a different Bluetooth accessory with your Mac, just to ensure there aren't issues with the Bluetooth connection itself.

Take care!

Macbook Pro Sound Disrupted Through AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.