You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband recording double midi notes

When I record midi tracks in Garageband, two notes get laid down for each one I play, creating really annoying phase. When I move a note in the piano roll, there's another note hiding under each note. My keyboard (nord stage 3) is set on midi channel 1 for global, panel A and panel B, local control on. My midi cable goes to an Audiobox USB, then usb to my Mac mini. Any way to fix this? Going into the track and deleting all the extra notes is way too annoying. Thanks!

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 8:24 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 26, 2020 6:09 AM in response to androidclone

Hi there, Androidclone! Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are noticing duplicated notes when recording new music. We can certainly help you isolate this issue and work towards a resolution. 

To help us learn more, can you tell us if this appears to be an issue with every track and project that you record with your current setup? 

You can also find help in the following Apple Support resource

GarageBand Help

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Garageband recording double midi notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.