You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silent mode iphone11 pro

How do I fix my phone not to keep going to silent mode by itself

the switch on the left is always on and the button for volume control is always off

yet my phone keeps going into silent mode or volume goes to nil by itself

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 1:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 5:00 AM

Hi there jonny4u,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with the volume changing unexpectedly on your iPhone 11 Pro, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To get started, confirm your iPhone is up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, remove any case on the iPhone and check again.

If you have Attention Aware Features enabled on your iPhone, this may explain the behavior: About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro

We also suggest making sure Do Not Disturb is disabled and not scheduled: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Additionally, check if the issue occurs without any wired or wireless accessories that have volume controls connected.

Finally, try enabling Change with Buttons in Settings > Sound & Haptics, and check for the issue again.

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2020 5:00 AM in response to jonny4u

Hi there jonny4u,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with the volume changing unexpectedly on your iPhone 11 Pro, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To get started, confirm your iPhone is up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, remove any case on the iPhone and check again.

If you have Attention Aware Features enabled on your iPhone, this may explain the behavior: About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro

We also suggest making sure Do Not Disturb is disabled and not scheduled: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Additionally, check if the issue occurs without any wired or wireless accessories that have volume controls connected.

Finally, try enabling Change with Buttons in Settings > Sound & Haptics, and check for the issue again.

Thanks!

Oct 27, 2020 7:43 AM in response to Erica_S1

Thank you kindly

I will try

my Bluetooth is switched off because I thought that could be a problem

my sound snd haptics are switched off not to change with buttons

I will activate it

thank you for going out of your way to help me

much appreciated

will switch on the button for sounds and haptics

I thought it had to be off not to interfere with my volume 🙏

Silent mode iphone11 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.