You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do locally stored photos go on iPad Pro 3rd Generation?

So, I am trying to store photos locally instead of on the cloud. I clicked “download and keep originals” so that they would store locally to my iPad and use my actual iPad’s storage. It was successful because now I see that most of my iPad storage consists of photos.

However, where are they??? I went to my Files app and they aren’t in the “On my iPad” section and they also are not in my downloads.

Does anyone know where they go and how to access them?? Any insight would be great!!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 6:03 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 23, 2020 11:29 AM in response to paauullaa

As long as your iPad is connected to iCloud Photos, the same photos and videos would live in both (and any other devices connected to the same iCloud Photos library). iCloud Photos is a multi-device full-sync facility; additions, edits, and deletions propagate between devices through the cloud.

To remove photos from iCloud Photos but leave them on your iPad, you would need to disconnect the iPad from iCloud Photos entirely. After that, deletions on iCloud Photos (through the iCloud.com website or through another device) would not propagate to the iPad.

Where do locally stored photos go on iPad Pro 3rd Generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.