You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music subscription

I have a Music subscription as well as an iTunes Match because I want to have my library on my computer and iPhone. My question is, "Do I really need both of these?"

I copy music to my library from cassette tapes and LPs and don't necessarily need to purchase any music. I want my library to synch across my devices, and couldn't see a way to do it without the subscriptions.

Any help is appreciated.

JB

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 4:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 6:04 PM

You don't need both subscriptions. See Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support:

If you have an Apple Music membership, you get all of the benefits of iTunes Match, plus access to the entire Apple Music catalogue. You can also get a Family Membership to share the catalogue with your family members. Find out more about joining Apple Music.

Both services come with iCloud Music Library which lets you sync your library wirelessly between multiple devices and computers, but you don't have to use either. Syncing over USB is an option if you don't need this library syncing feature, and you no longer want access to the rest of the iTunes Store that you get with Apple Music.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2020 6:04 PM in response to barenose

You don't need both subscriptions. See Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support:

If you have an Apple Music membership, you get all of the benefits of iTunes Match, plus access to the entire Apple Music catalogue. You can also get a Family Membership to share the catalogue with your family members. Find out more about joining Apple Music.

Both services come with iCloud Music Library which lets you sync your library wirelessly between multiple devices and computers, but you don't have to use either. Syncing over USB is an option if you don't need this library syncing feature, and you no longer want access to the rest of the iTunes Store that you get with Apple Music.

tt2

Music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.