You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung ML-2010 Monochrome Laser Printer (2007 Model) and Catalina OS

Hello there, my old and trusty B&W Laser Printer from Samsung no longer prints or has a visible Print Driver for Catalina OS, so i am somewhat stuck now with a useless printer...luckily , my Girlfriends Older Macboo Air does have Mojave on it, and it works there for Printing. Does anyone have a tip for the Samsung Driver software update for Catalina or how to work around this? Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 3:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 12:16 AM

Ok, thanks for the tips - i was hoping to avoid the Airprint server (as my household cannot allow me to leave the older Mojave Macbook Air here for others to print of it, everyone else upgraded to Catalina) and I travel for work and take the Macbook Air with me...so I am somewhat stuck not upgrading for a while i guess, as long as i can get update from Apple for Mojave (Security and Supplemental) i am fine... :) I am currently on Samsung Printer Driver 2.01 as seen on the attached screenshot.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2020 12:16 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Ok, thanks for the tips - i was hoping to avoid the Airprint server (as my household cannot allow me to leave the older Mojave Macbook Air here for others to print of it, everyone else upgraded to Catalina) and I travel for work and take the Macbook Air with me...so I am somewhat stuck not upgrading for a while i guess, as long as i can get update from Apple for Mojave (Security and Supplemental) i am fine... :) I am currently on Samsung Printer Driver 2.01 as seen on the attached screenshot.

Oct 26, 2020 6:15 PM in response to null null416

Hi,

The latest supported operating system for the Samsung ML-2010 V2.00 driver is Mac OS X 10.7. One should perhaps not rule out that it could work with a somewhat newer system, too. Which driver is installed on the MacBook Air (macOS Mojave 10.14)?

John Galt suggested using the MacBook Air as a print server. You may even want to investigate the possibility of adding AirPrint connectivity through the use of an application.

https://www.macworld.com/article/1163846/printopia_2_1_5_offers_major_improvements_to_a_gems_favorite.html

If absolutely necessary, you could try to run Windows (maybe an earlier version) in a virtual machine on your Mac. ML-2010 drivers are available from HP for anything from Windows XP to 10.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/samsung-ml-2010-laser-printer-series/19169796

Samsung ML-2010 Monochrome Laser Printer (2007 Model) and Catalina OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.