You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allowing Some App Notifications through during 'Do Not Disturb'

Is there any way of allowing certain notifications through during 'Do Not Disturb' on OSX? When I'm working on the iMac at home, I don't want Discord/WhatsApp/Email notifications pinging off all the time, but I could do with (eg.) Reminders notifications coming through.

The only app notifications I can find as being allowed during DND is calls from certain contacts. If this isn't currently possible, it would be very useful to be able to toggle which apps can bypass DND in Notifications.

Cheers!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 5:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 5:55 AM

I get that, however, the Notifications options for Do Not Disturb in System Preferences allow calls to bypass DND, so why not select other apps? To clarify, the only app I want to receive notifications from during DND is the 'Reminder' app (i.e. OSX Reminder).

I don't want calls whilst at work, but do want reminders to carry out certain tasks (I have ADHD so rely on reminders, and also on limiting notifications/distractions as much as possible).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2020 5:55 AM in response to leroydouglas

I get that, however, the Notifications options for Do Not Disturb in System Preferences allow calls to bypass DND, so why not select other apps? To clarify, the only app I want to receive notifications from during DND is the 'Reminder' app (i.e. OSX Reminder).

I don't want calls whilst at work, but do want reminders to carry out certain tasks (I have ADHD so rely on reminders, and also on limiting notifications/distractions as much as possible).

Oct 26, 2020 5:39 AM in response to malumovis

malumovis wrote:

Is there any way of allowing certain notifications through during 'Do Not Disturb' on OSX? When I'm working on the iMac at home, I don't want Discord/WhatsApp/Email notifications pinging off all the time, but I could do with (eg.) Reminders notifications coming through.

The only app notifications I can find as being allowed during DND is calls from certain contacts. If this isn't currently possible, it would be very useful to be able to toggle which apps can bypass DND in Notifications.

Cheers!

If you can not make specific changes in

>System Preferences>Notifications then look in-app or look to the developer of your third party app.

'Do Not Disturb' is just that.

Change Notifications preferences on Mac - Apple Support

from your iDevice

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...

Receive, pause, or stop notifications on Mac - Apple Support

Allowing Some App Notifications through during 'Do Not Disturb'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.