You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail

Mac Mail keeps deleting the content of some of my emails randomly. Any ideas how to stop this?!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 8:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 9:34 AM

alastair63 Said:

A. "Hi, No, this happens to emails that I can see when they arrive but the content disappears subsequently."

Try a new user - addd the account there. See what happens. If it does not occur in that new user, then I would think it is a setting somewhere in your current user. So, remove the eMail account, and then add it back. That, as a result, would seem would fix it. Be certain to back mail up first. Once backed up, restart the Mac. Once restarted, add the account back. Go Here: Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

B. "It's very odd - doesn't happen to all of them. No rhyme or reason!"

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Mail) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2020 9:34 AM in response to alastair63

alastair63 Said:

A. "Hi, No, this happens to emails that I can see when they arrive but the content disappears subsequently."

Try a new user - addd the account there. See what happens. If it does not occur in that new user, then I would think it is a setting somewhere in your current user. So, remove the eMail account, and then add it back. That, as a result, would seem would fix it. Be certain to back mail up first. Once backed up, restart the Mac. Once restarted, add the account back. Go Here: Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

B. "It's very odd - doesn't happen to all of them. No rhyme or reason!"

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Mail) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

Oct 28, 2020 9:13 AM in response to alastair63

alastair63 Said:

"Mac Mail: Mac Mail keeps deleting the content of some of my emails randomly. Any ideas how to stop this?!"

-------

• This Content:

What exactly is this content? Is it blocked out when you visit your eMail provider's site? Is it inappropriate content?

• Ask your eMail Provider this Too:

If you cannot see this content in your eMail provider's account, then It might be set to filter out content based on those settings. So, it would likely not show up. Consider asking your eMail provider for assistance with this on this.

• Also, Contact the Webmaster:

If School or Work, or Public LAN, contact the Webmaster - they are the ones who manage their network's usage.

Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.