You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to Canon MX920 printer

Canon MX920 was working fine on wireless connection. Today, my MacBook Air is unable to find the printer. I rebooted both. I reset wireless connection on printer. Still not finding printer.

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 9:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 9:59 AM

See if the following article can help: Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

7 replies

Oct 26, 2020 11:36 AM in response to PaulMarion

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

Give the following two things a try:

1. Configure the printer to use a static local IP address. This could be done either at the printer's setup or by assigning a reserved IP address to the printer at the router.
  2. Enable IPv6 Link-local only mode on your Mac via System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi or Ethernet depending on how you connect your Mac to the network > Advanced > TCP/IP > Configure IPv6 = Link-local only > OK

Both of these should make it easier for your Mac to "see" the printer.

Connecting to Canon MX920 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.