You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay2 won't stream from Mac Book Pro Mojave 10.14 to LG TV 2020

Hi! I have an issue with my Airplay 2 on Mac Book Pro - there is no possibility to change Airplay Display status from Off. There is no other option available, no device. I did everything as advised by Apple and from what I read on the Internet and on multiple forums but still it's the same. It just won't show my new LG TV (Nano916) -airplay2 compatible. Everything is on, no problem with Wifi nor Firewall, etc.

I don't have this problem with any other apple device.. From iPad it runs smoothly. I have Mojave 10.14 and have no intention of changing to Catalina... Please help! Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 4:57 AM

Apple showed the 2020 Nano 9 series as AirPlay 2 (*) announced only. I don't know when Apple originally authored their Home Accessories page, and your Nano 9 may need a firmware update to enable that AirPlay 2 support, if having wireless and bluetooth enabled does not resolve its detection. You also need macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later for AirPlay 2 video streaming to that LG as the system requirements show.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2020 4:57 AM in response to denia88

Apple showed the 2020 Nano 9 series as AirPlay 2 (*) announced only. I don't know when Apple originally authored their Home Accessories page, and your Nano 9 may need a firmware update to enable that AirPlay 2 support, if having wireless and bluetooth enabled does not resolve its detection. You also need macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later for AirPlay 2 video streaming to that LG as the system requirements show.

Airplay2 won't stream from Mac Book Pro Mojave 10.14 to LG TV 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.