You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parent passcode to child iphone

My child (on my family plan) forgot the iphone passcode that *just* got changed - by my child! How can I see my child's phone login credentials in my icloud (or phone) account (child is a 'rider on my account, I'm the parent). Thanks!

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 12:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 12:39 PM

Brownie49 wrote:

(child is a 'rider on my account, I'm the parent).

I don’t know what this means. Hopefully it does not mean you share an Apple ID. If it does, you should stop that immediately.

How can I see my child's phone login credentials in my icloud (or phone) account

You cannot.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2020 12:39 PM in response to Brownie49

Brownie49 wrote:

(child is a 'rider on my account, I'm the parent).

I don’t know what this means. Hopefully it does not mean you share an Apple ID. If it does, you should stop that immediately.

How can I see my child's phone login credentials in my icloud (or phone) account

You cannot.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Nov 1, 2020 12:44 PM in response to sberman

At no time have we shared an AppleID. My kid forgot the passcode. I am the parent, the kid is linked in My Family - all those folks that show up on your iCloud dash when you log in. I was just wondering how we could retrieve the passcode. Sounds like that's impossible. I'm guessing that the system does not collect info to log parent-child links for these accounts, and thus parents cannot help their kid in this situation.

B-u-m-m-e-r.

Parent passcode to child iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.