You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'd like to transfer GameCenter gameplay data to a new Apple ID.

My son has been using my iPad for Apple Arcade and I just set up a new Apple ID for him.

Can I transfer the game data to his new ID? I don't care about GameCenter, but he does. Can I change the e-mail on the GameCenter account to transfer?

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 8:08 AM

Hi, Geoffrey.

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you want to transfer your son’s game progress, high scores, and game saves from your Apple ID to the new Apple ID that you set up for him. There isn’t really a way to transfer content between two different Apple ID accounts, so he won’t be able to move his progress to his account, but we may have a solution that works for both of you.

You should be able to go to Settings > Game Center on his device and scroll to the bottom and Sign Out. This will sign him out of his new Apple ID, and disable Game Center. When you toggle it back on, you’ll see the option to sign in again with a different Apple ID. Sign in here with your Apple ID (the one where his data is saved). This will allow him to continue playing using your Apple ID, but allow him his own Apple ID for all other services.

The only catch is going to be that the longer he plays with your account, the more progress he’ll accrue, so if he ever does want to switch to his own Apple ID he’ll have more to lose.

Learn more about using your Apple ID with Apple Arcade and Game Center here:

Access your Apple Arcade gameplay data on all of your devices - Apple Support

Hopefully this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2020 8:08 AM in response to Geoffrey Hutchison

Hi, Geoffrey.

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you want to transfer your son’s game progress, high scores, and game saves from your Apple ID to the new Apple ID that you set up for him. There isn’t really a way to transfer content between two different Apple ID accounts, so he won’t be able to move his progress to his account, but we may have a solution that works for both of you.

You should be able to go to Settings > Game Center on his device and scroll to the bottom and Sign Out. This will sign him out of his new Apple ID, and disable Game Center. When you toggle it back on, you’ll see the option to sign in again with a different Apple ID. Sign in here with your Apple ID (the one where his data is saved). This will allow him to continue playing using your Apple ID, but allow him his own Apple ID for all other services.

The only catch is going to be that the longer he plays with your account, the more progress he’ll accrue, so if he ever does want to switch to his own Apple ID he’ll have more to lose.

Learn more about using your Apple ID with Apple Arcade and Game Center here:

Access your Apple Arcade gameplay data on all of your devices - Apple Support

Hopefully this helps!

I'd like to transfer GameCenter gameplay data to a new Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.