You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using a new Apple ID to update an app purchased with old Apple ID

I need to update an app which I purchased with an Apple ID that has been deleted, with a new Apple ID (currently using this).

I’ve been told that in order to do that I’ll have to delete the app and download it again with my new Apple ID, and that “purchases are forever tied to the AppleID used at the time of original purchase and download”. (Answer found here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7633725)

Does offloading the app and reinstalling it count? Because deleting it would mean losing all my data.

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 11:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 12:01 AM

I originally asked this question, and at the time of writing this no one else has replied to my question yet.

To others who face the same problem: i have tried the method myself; offloading the app and reinstalling it again. It worked. I’ve updated the app.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2020 12:01 AM in response to cola05

I originally asked this question, and at the time of writing this no one else has replied to my question yet.

To others who face the same problem: i have tried the method myself; offloading the app and reinstalling it again. It worked. I’ve updated the app.

Using a new Apple ID to update an app purchased with old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.