You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone SE camera problem

My iPhone SE will only shoot videos in the photo mode. It will do a photo in Portrait or Panorama. I have turned off "preserve settings" in the camera app, and I have also restarted the the phone and reset the apps. None of those actions have helped.

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 4:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 11:54 AM

Hi WmPl,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your iPhone SE and taking a photo. It sounds like you are only taking a video.

Is it possible you are using QuickTake?  Use QuickTake to capture video while taking photos

Are you able to take a single photo with the volume up button?

What about using 3rd party apps? Can you take a photo inside Instagram or Facebook?

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2020 11:54 AM in response to WmPl

Hi WmPl,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your iPhone SE and taking a photo. It sounds like you are only taking a video.

Is it possible you are using QuickTake?  Use QuickTake to capture video while taking photos

Are you able to take a single photo with the volume up button?

What about using 3rd party apps? Can you take a photo inside Instagram or Facebook?

Have a fantastic day!

Nov 8, 2020 2:28 PM in response to MichaelB2019

The Information about Quicktime was dead on. The problem appears to be the phone doesn't make a shutter sound in the Photos mode, so I have been pressing the shutter button too hard, causing it to go into the Quicktime mode.

Now I need to know how to get the shutter sound to work in Photo mode. It does already work in Portrait and Panorama mode.

New iPhone SE camera problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.