You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

many sites won't load in Safari, latest software

For some time now, when I click on websites that I have never had trouble with before- the latest is chewy.com-a dialog box comes up and says it is unsafe; most of the time it says it can't find the server. I have no trouble loading any of the sites on my iOS devices. My MacBook Pro has latest software; I have cleared history, looked throughout preferences, nothing works. I wonder if it is a glitch ? Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 7:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 10:38 AM

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

If you haven't already, please try this; Open Safari, go to Preferences, click the last tab (Advanced). Look at the bottom of the tab window and click on the option to "Show Develop in Menu Bar".

When you close the preferences you will see a new menu option, click it and about 1/2 way down will be "Empty Caches", close Safari, Restart the iMac.

If this doesn't work please reach out here again.

Best of luck

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2020 10:38 AM in response to Kathy Lies

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

If you haven't already, please try this; Open Safari, go to Preferences, click the last tab (Advanced). Look at the bottom of the tab window and click on the option to "Show Develop in Menu Bar".

When you close the preferences you will see a new menu option, click it and about 1/2 way down will be "Empty Caches", close Safari, Restart the iMac.

If this doesn't work please reach out here again.

Best of luck

many sites won't load in Safari, latest software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.