You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. text/plain

I’m getting this in emails I send:

This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program.

text/plain

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 12:34 PM

You are getting it, or the receiver is getting that? If this is email you are sending, what email provider are you using? Are you using the native Mail app on the iPhone? Did you recently do something different with your iPhone?

7 replies

Nov 4, 2020 2:06 PM in response to Sherman2001

Then I would check with RCN. I believe they have their own servers for mail, so it wouldn't have anything to do with Microsoft. They may need to verify there were no changes in your email settings. If you are using Safari for web based email, it could have been an issue with any browser updates too, but if more than just you are complaining, then I'm guessing that RCN would be aware of the issue.

This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. text/plain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.