You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has apple stopped give chargers and earphones with iPhones?

I recently bought two iPhone SE’s from apple.

In the box there wasn’t a charging plug, only a wire which doesn’t fit into a standard plug.

There also wasn’t any earphones which is a problem because there isn’t a headphone jack on the phone so you can’t use normal earphones.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 9:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 9:15 AM

Yes.

See under "What's in the Box"

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-se

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone SE does not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones which are compatible with this iPhone. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.
6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2020 9:15 AM in response to Pippin365

Yes.

See under "What's in the Box"

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-se

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone SE does not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones which are compatible with this iPhone. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

Nov 6, 2020 11:57 AM in response to Phil0124

i was just disappointed because I actually need these things and now have to pay an extra £28 for this and my sister got that for free with the same phone just a few months before.

I feel that I’m being cheated.

It mustn’t cost apple much for headphones and chargers but it costs their customers an extra £28 after buying one of their expensive phones.

Nov 6, 2020 10:44 AM in response to Pippin365

It was done in an effort to reduce environmental impact.

Besides, unless this is your very first electronic device, there is an extremely good chance you already own a charger you can use for it. Any previous iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac USB-C based charger can be used to charge it. Also any Qi charger can be also be used for wireless charging and most USB chargers from Android devices can also be used with a lightning to USB cable.

Basically it cuts down on redundant chargers when a vast majority of people no longer really need one.

For Headphones, are you saying you have no Lightning headphones form a previous Apple device?

You can use Bluetooth headphonbes, or buy a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter and use regular headphones.

You have tons of options.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.