You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to remove published podcast episode

Hi. I'm the publisher of a podcast series and I accidentally published an episode (through podbean) and when I deleted it from my feed, I still see it on iTunes. How is that done without deleting the entire podcast series? Again, I am the publisher. I am not asking how to delete a podcast episode as a listener. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 6:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 8:01 AM

If the episode has been removed from the feed then it will disappear from the Store when it next checks the feed - it caches the feeds and visits them in some sort of rotation: it could take a couple of days for the episode to disappear - it depends on where you are in the cycle. You could try going to Podcasts Connect and refreshing the feed - in theory this should speed up the process but I have to say I'm not convinced it will make any difference.

New subscribers won't see the episode as the read the feed directly. However existing subscribers who have downloaded the episode will still have it on their devices, and there is nothing you can do about that.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2020 8:01 AM in response to reigna226

If the episode has been removed from the feed then it will disappear from the Store when it next checks the feed - it caches the feeds and visits them in some sort of rotation: it could take a couple of days for the episode to disappear - it depends on where you are in the cycle. You could try going to Podcasts Connect and refreshing the feed - in theory this should speed up the process but I have to say I'm not convinced it will make any difference.

New subscribers won't see the episode as the read the feed directly. However existing subscribers who have downloaded the episode will still have it on their devices, and there is nothing you can do about that.

Trying to remove published podcast episode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.