You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insert new page in Pages

I have Pages doc [page layout mode] and want to insert a new page in the middle. Help says 'In a page layout document: Click anywhere in the page you want the new page to follow, then click the Add Page button in the toolbar. A blank page is automatically added.’

Whatever I do it added it at the end. Inserting a page break seems no help either. 

It further says: ‘In a page layout document, click the View menu button in the toolbar, then choose Page Thumbnails. Select the page thumbnail, then drag it to where you want it.’ I seem to remember that people have complained before that this does not work, it does not for me.

I feel this should be easy!

Colin

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 7:41 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 10, 2020 11:08 PM in response to Colin Cohen

Converting a word processing document to a Page layout document simply removes the Document Body—the part of a word processing document that contains all of the text (and all of the objects that have been set of Move with Text. The conversion also dumps everything that was contained in the document body, and makes every 'page' in the document an independent Section—the only means to preserve pages that are no longer needed to accommodate the text that has been removed.

Starting with a blank wp document, the only visible action you should see is a notice warning that continuing will remove the Document body and it's contents. You should alos find that clicking on the page and typing some text has no effect (as there is no place to put that text until you provide a container).

Regards,

Barry

Nov 11, 2020 9:32 AM in response to Barry

Thanks Barry. It’s very tedious, but if you start off on the wrong foot this is the mess you get into. From memory I imported an rtf, perhaps 150 pp long, but I should have created a layout Pages file and then pasted the text in and added the pix.

My laborious solution has been to cut and paste the pix and captions [they were grouped] into a new doc so I have a w/p doc with just words left. I can then, I hope, create a new layout doc and paste the text into it, before dropping the pix into the correct places ...

Cheers, Colin

Insert new page in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.