You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS mail app: Customize print margins + print only selected content

When I print a message, Gmail allows to fully customize the print margins size. It also allows to print only the selected content, instead of only the full message.

I recently started using the Mac OS mail app. To my surprise, it apparently doesn't support custom margins, and it crops charts/images that could perfectly fit with smaller margins. It also doesn't allow to print a selection only, forcing me to print useless signatures and previous emails.

Am I missing something? Is it a limitation of my printer's driver, or Apple completely missed such obvious features? Is there a trick (via terminal or script) for reducing those ridiculous 1-inch margins?

Please don't suggest to scale down the print so the charts fit. It is pretty silly to have to use a magnifying glass while having all that blank space around...

Please help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 11:24 AM

You're accessing your Gmail online via your browser, right? The Mail client doesn't have those features. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Mail via Feedback - macOS - Apple 

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 9, 2020 11:31 AM in response to Old Toad

You are correct: those are Chrome features that add up to Gmail's web client. I will request this feature to Apple, but I am not very hopeful they'll fix it at this point. I've seen similar requests dating back to 2011. It looks like most users printing emails are not very demanding and Apple is fully focused on iOS...

Thanks!

Mac OS mail app: Customize print margins + print only selected content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.